This is a delicious drink that makes a simple, nourishing and tasty meal. If properly made and consumed regularly it will help tremendously with both digestion and absorption in the stomach and intestines.
- 1 cup fresh yoghurt*
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp ground fresh ginger
- 1 sprig (about 10 leaves) crumbled fresh or dried curry leaves
- Coriander leaves – half a handful of fresh leaves
- Pinch of salt
Directions to make:
- Mix water, yoghurt, ginger, and salt to taste and whisk until the cream breaks and foam forms
- Chop other ingredients into small pieces and add to this mixture and stir thoroughly
Either drink as a pre-digested drink or mix over rice and mash together to make it like a light rice porridge. Serve as it is or you may choose to have a little Indian pickle on the side (so long as it is correct for your Dosha).
- For those of a Kapha constitution use goat yoghurt and you could also use some chilli to make it spicier. Replace rice with millet.
- Pitta can serve with either rice or millet
*Those familiar with making yoghurt at home can use fresh home-made yoghurt