This oil is suited to those with an aggravated Kapha Dosha. It is a traditional formula and contains only natural oils and herbs (no preservatives or any added colour, fragrance etc).
Ingredients: Aristolochia bracteolate, Capparis zeylanica, Delonix elata, Pergularia extensa, Psoralea corylifolia, Berberis aristata, Nigella sativa, Helicteres isora, Elettaria cardamomum, Cochlospermum gossypium, Coccus Lacca, Cuminum cyminum, Michelia champaca, Trigonella foenum-graecum, Costus specious, Cedrus deodara, Alpinia galangal, infused in Sesamum indicum (Sesame Oil) and Cocos nucifera (Coconut Oil)
Directions for Use:
- We recommend applying the Kapha Pacifying massage oil at least once or twice a week before your morning shower. Wake early and clear the bowels, clean the teeth, scrape the tongue, and rinse the eyes and mouth first. Taking a quick hot shower to open the pores and heat the skin before applying the oil is ideal
- Warm the oil (either pour some oil into a bowl and place that bowl into a slightly larger bowl of hot water or place the oil bottle into a cup of hot water). If the label comes off the bottle just stick it on again later
- Make sure you are in a comfortable and very warm environment (such as a heated bathroom) and then apply the warm oil all over your body
- Those with an aggravated Kapha Dosha are advised to use the oil sparingly and apply with vigorous strokes. Be gentle around joints and use a circular motion to rub in the oil. The main idea here is to get the oil all over the skin and the warmth of the oil and constant strokes will assist in its absorption
- Sit still and let the oil absorb into the skin for a few minutes. Be mindful of what you are doing and why, and watch the flow of your breath to help you keep relaxed and focussed. Don’t rush
- Mix one to two dessertspoons of Ayurvedic Herbal Body Wash Powder with hot water, just enough to make a thick paste you can rub all over the body. Allow this to dry for several minutes (make sure the room is warm so this is comfortable) and be absorbed
- Take a hot shower and wash off the body wash powder without applying any soap. It will remove excess oil but try to keep some of the herbal oil on the body as this will be very beneficial and you don’t want to waste it
See also the section about Ayurvedic massage procedures etc. on our website as this will help you understand how the process works.