Ancient’s Best Ayurvedic Facial Treatment complements your overall Ayurvedic detoxification program though its benefits can also be enjoyed as a stand-alone process.
You can enjoy your own facial at home (simply purchase the Dosha specific skincare products from our online shop) or at our clinic.
You could choose to come to our clinic for a single treatment or combine a facial with your Ayurvedic Massage treatment. With our Facial package of four treatments we offer a complimentary set of our special Dosha Pacifying Skincare which can be used on a daily basis at home for cleansing, toning and moisturising.
The products used come from Ancient’s Best Skincare Range and are natural herbal products that are made in New Zealand and formulated according to ancient Ayurvedic principles.
For a home treatment you will need a Dosha Pacifying Skincare Set, Herbal Body Wash Powder, Herbal Face Mask, and a Dosha Pacifying Massage Oil. Visit our online shop to order the right products for your constitution.Since Ayurveda recognises that each and every one of us is a unique individual, the correct oils and skincare products will be chosen to help pacify the predominant Dosha (Vata, Pitta, or Kapha).
As with all that you do, the most complete and long-lasting results will be obtained when you work both from within and without.
- The facial consists of an initial cleansing and deep cleansing with our Dosha specific cleanser, and then exfoliating of the skin using a herbal exfoliant, which also smoothes the skin and allows for better absorption of the warmed herbal oil that is then massaged onto the face, neck and shoulders. Dosha Pacifying toner is used before the oil is applied to remove any traces of herbal sediment from the exfoliation process
- The herbal oil will penetrate into the skin, replenishing lost moisture and helping with detoxification
- Steaming of the face follows allowing the pores to open and the skin to become further hydrated
- The skin is now prepared for the deep cleansing and skin tightening herbal face mask which is then applied
- After the mask has had time to dry and then be removed, the refreshing toner is applied again for a last cleanse
- The final process is application of a gentle moisturising cream which stays on the skin
- The Cleanser, Toner, and Moisturiser are from our Dosha Pacifying Skincare Range.
The complete facial will take about 1 hour and it will leave you rejuvenated, with glowing skin and an elevated yet relaxed mood.